Monday, June 13, 2016

Can You Make Chicken Salad from Pork Roast?

They say that as you grow older you lose many things. One of the things that both of my grandmothers seems to have lost is their sense of taste, and I don't mean stylistically (although there are a lot of people who seem to lose that too).

When it comes to food, Boonie is a very picky eater, and Grams is not. (At least she usually isn't.) And they both love Chef Boyardee which I think is just nasty.

But tonight we learned that Grams cannot even tell the difference between chicken and pork roast.

Today was one of those days where I actually thought ahead and put a pork roast in the slow cooker.

As we were finishing up supper tonight, Grams looked at the pork roast and told me that I should make chicken salad out of it.

Now I don't know about you, but I can tell a definite difference between pork roast and chicken in look, texture and taste.

So I looked at her and told her that I didn't think that it would be possible for me to make chicken salad from the roast since it was pork and not chicken.

Her suggestion: "Make pork salad." (No, pork salad here. We're having pulled pork sandwiches later this week.)

Dad's comment: "If you can make chicken salad from a pork roast, I bet you could make a lot of money."


No comments:

Post a Comment